- EdVoice a statewide, grassroots organization advocating support for public education
- EdSource data on California education issues
- School Services of California
- Legal Issues Update: A Basic Primer, by Ronald T. Vera, Gutierrez & Vera, LLP, provides a legal update for local education foundation leaders. This document was presented during the 2008 CCEF annual conference.
- Education Foundations and Lobbying – Ronald T. Vera, Guitierrez & Vera and CCEF Advisory Board, was made available to all LEFs in California through a generous grant from the California Casualty Group. Contact CCEF regarding additional copies or to order if not an LEF.
- A summary of new legislation (AB 1233) affecting nonprofit corporation governance and operations including non-voting director status, insurance and other topics.
- Endowment Funds for Public Schools by Michael Pinto – read here
- Elements of Successful Public Education Foundations by Michael Pinto – read here
- Education Foundations: Changing Public Education And the Way Connecticut Communities Pay for It By: Jim H. Smith – Link to article on CPEC website
N. California Nonprofit Resource Centers
- Humboldt Area Foundation Rooney Resource Center
- East Bay Resource Center for Nonprofit Support
- Resource Center for Nonprofits, Sonoma
- Grant and Resource Center of Northern California
- The Foundation Center
- Nonprofit Support Center
- Community Foundation of Santa Cruz
- Sacramento Nonprofit Center
S. California Nonprofit Resource Centers
- Nonprofit Management Solutions (NMS)
- Volunteer Center of Orange County
- The Center for Nonprofit Management